- This event has passed.
The Refugee and migrant crisis – do they have a future in Europe?
12th December 2015 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£10.00
DELEGATE COST £29.95; STUDENT £10.00 (INCLUDING LUNCH) CPD POINTS APPLIED FOR.
This conference is generously sponsored by Imran Khan & Partners SolicitorsRegister
We are delighted to announce the participation of:
•Enzo Bianco (Mayor of Catania,Italy)
• Maurice Wren (CEO, Refugee Council)
• Gauri van Gulik (Deputy Director of Europe, Amnesty International UK)
• Steve Symonds (Refugee & Migrant Rights Programme Director, Amnesty
• Dr Emirhan Yorulmazlar (Turkish Consul General in London)
• Judge Khurshid Drabu CBE (Upper Tribunal Judge, Immigration & Asylum
• Victoria Brittain (Journalist & Writer)
• Courtenay Griffiths QC (Barrister)
• Dr Violeta Moreno Lax (Lecturer in Law at QMUL & EU Asylum Law Coordinator at
the Refugee Law Initiative of the University of London)
• Alison Harvey (Legal Director of ILPA)
• Lindsey German (Founder, Stop the War Coalition)
• Toby Sculthorp (Sky News)
• Esohe Aghatise (Equality Now)
• Iqbal Nasim (CEO, National Zakat Foundation & Lead of MCB Refugee Taskforce)
• Sabrina Mahfouz (award winning poet, writer and playwright)
• Canon Steven Saxby (Canon of St Barnabas Church, Walthamstow)
More speakers still to be confirmed.