If you are a law student, trainee solicitor or pupil barrister, joining the Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) will give you access to career advice, guidance, mentors and work placements, both nationally and internationally. Supporting the needs and aspirations of those who wish to enter the legal profession is an important part of the SBL’s work and vision.
We recognise that the needs and concerns of students centre on questions of access to the legal profession:
- Academic support
- Opportunities to meet and interact with practitioners
- Work experience placements and internships
- Advice on securing training contracts and pupillages
- Career advice, counselling and planning.
Becoming a student member of the Society of Black Lawyers represents a positive step towards addressing the needs of ethnic minority law students. Benefits of student membership include:
- Discounts on SBL conferences, workshops and masterclasses;
- Access to the SBL Student Advisory Service (SAS);
- Opportunities to work alongside SBL practitioners to develop social and legal policy; and
- Access to SBL internships and skills development programmes.
Student membership is FreeJoin SBL