City Law: CV & Interview Masterclass
The City Law: CV & Interview Masterclass is a unique programme aimed at providing aspiring ethnic minority undergraduates and graduates with the practical advice and ‘insider’ information that will help them to improve their chances of securing a training contract. A joint initiative between the Society of Black Lawyers (SBL) and Ashurst LLP, the masterclass gives attendees an opportunity to:
- have their CVs evaluated by associates at Ashurst LLP;
- obtain tips on how to improve their interview techniques through mock interviews with partners at Ashurst LLP;
- strengthen their presentation and communication skills;
- develop a clear understanding and awareness of what City law firms are looking for in the training contract application and interview process; and
- network with Ashurst LLP partners, associates and trainees.
45 student candidates took part in the first masterclass on 31 March 2011.
Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom